What to know about Contact Lenses
Contact lenses give you the freedom and convenience to live life your way!
Contact lenses provide an aesthetically pleasing solution to vision correction giving you the freedom and convenience to live life your way. They provide clear vision without the need for glasses and in many cases wearing contact lenses results in better vision than wearing spectacles.
Almost everyone who wears glasses can enjoy the freedom of contact lenses. Technological advances in materials and design have made it possible for more people to wear contact lenses successfully.
The beauty of contact lenses is that you can choose to wear them every day or you may prefer to wear them only occasionally, for sport or special events and wear spectacles the rest of the time.
The amount of time different people wear their contact lenses varies, but no lenses should be worn longer than the maximum wearing time recommended by the optometrist who prescribed them. Over wearing lenses is a common cause of problems with contact lenses.
There are a number of different types of contact lenses available for you to wear from daily wear, to extended wear (overnight) and coloured lenses. Your optometrist will determine whether you are suitable for contact lenses and discuss the various types of lenses available and which lenses are best for you.
www.eyesonline.com.au gives existing contact lens wearers the option of convenient and cost effective lens replacement from your computer desktop. Our company has been fitting and dispensing soft and hard contact lenses since 1983. The ever increasing popularity of the internet has meant that more and more people are shopping online and www.eyesonline.com.au has established itself as a market leader in this competitive field and is the favourite choice in Australia for online contact lens replacement.
Our staff consistently go further than competitors to achieve customer satisfaction and our prices speak for themselves. A recent survey confirmed our prices are the lowest discount online contact lens prices in Australia. Give us the opportunity to show how serious we are about servicing your replacement contact lens needs.
www.eyesonline.com.au is proudly Australian owned and operated.
Buy soft contact lenses and Purevision contact lenses online from
Contact Lens Care Instructions
*** Please note that this is for multipurpose solutions only. These are general directions - always follow instructions on the box or provided to you by your optometrist. This does not guarantee that you will not suffer any adverse effects to contact lens wear, only reduces the likelihood.
Always wash and dry your hands on a clean lint free towel before handling contact lenses
Cleaning Your Lenses (Optifree Express or Complete Solution).
- Always remove and clean you right contact lens first to avoid mixing up your lenses. Rub contact lens between your fingers or on the palm of your hand for thirty seconds, cleaning both sides of the lens.
- Rinse contact lens thoroughly with contact lens solution.
- Fill lens case to adequately cover contact lens and place contact lens in solution.
- Leave contact lens in solution overnight or at least 6 hours
Contact Lens Solutions.
- Never reuse solution.
- Keep lids on contact lens solutions when not in use.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch the bottle tip to any surface.
- Use before the expiration date marked on the product.
- Discard any remaining solution 90 days after opening or as per instructions on bottle.
- Store below 25 degrees C- avoid excessive heat.
- Lenses may be stored in an unopened lens case for up to 14 days (or as specified on solution information sheet). After this time the lenses must be cleaned again and the solution must be replaced.
- Never store or clean lenses with saline solution.
- Consult with your optometrist before changing contact lens solutions to ensure suitability.
- Never use soap or detergent.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Contact Lens Case
Clean lens case regularly with contact lens solution.
There is a risk of serious infection associated with use of water in cleaning the case.
Do not use a damaged lens case.
Replace lens case regularly.
- Wear only for the recommended number of days e.g. 14 wears for a fortnightly lens- over wear increases risk or corneal infection which can result in loss of sight or blindness.
- Acceptable wearing time for soft lenses is usually up to 12 hrs per day for 5-6 days per week. Remove lenses earlier if dryness or discomfort occurs.
- Do not ever wear whilst swimming or sleeping.
- Do not ever expose contact lenses to contact with water or saliva.
- Do not wear a damaged lens.
- If eye red, uncomfortable or blurry, remove lens and see your optometrist immediately.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOUR CONTACT LENSES BE WORN LONGER THAN THE RECOMMENDED PERIOD OR DURING SLEEP.
THE ONLY EXCEPTIONS TO THIS ARE PUREVISION LENSES FROM B&L AND FOCUS NIGHT AND DAY LENSES FROM CIBA AND THEN ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD YOU MAY DO SO BY YOUR USUAL CONTACT LENS PRACTITIONER.CONSULT YOUR EYECARE PRACTITIONER AT LEAST EVERY 6 MONTHS.
To buy best quality contact lenses and to know more about lens care instructions, please visit Eyesonline.com.au